Giacinto Bosco (Alcamo, Sicily, Italy 1956 - )


About

Born in 1956 in Alcamo (in Sicily), obliged by the necessities of daily life, he found his way to local workshops where he was tutored and guided by experienced artisans.
At 15 he moved to Milan where his vocation led him to embrace the profession of artistic caster, which he still pactices today. The foundry where he worked became the meeting place for sculptors and artist, whome he drew insipiration and stimulation.
In 1990 he became a member of “Società per le Belle Arti ed Esposizione Permanente” (known as “La Permanente”) and he received his first public commissions: “The Light” (1997), in Rescaldina; then, the Statue of John Paul II (2006), in Arese; “A Peaceful World” (2008) for the City of Garbagnate, followed by the Monument dedicated to the Carabinieri who fell in Nassiriya (2008/2009), in Borgosesia; and, the same year, the Statue of Pope Benedict XVI in Santa Maria di Leuca.
Afterwards, his “Aphorisms of the Moon” take him into a poetic dimension that, like in a dream, his imagination transforms and moulds into sculptures.

Exhibited by

Work Selection