(Cuba 1991 -)
BiographyEric Alfaro is a Cuban artist based in the United States whose paintings have been exhibited in both nations. He describes his current artist expression as having been influenced by the great painters of different periods in history. Working in different styles, hyperrealism is present in a large portion of his compositions. Alfaro's figurative pieces are created using oils on canvas. Graduated from APAP (Provincial Academy of FINE Arts) Raúl Martínez of Morón, Ciego de Ávila, Cuba. He has participated in exhibitions in various places such as the "Copperfest" Arts Festival in North Miami, Florida, United States; and at the “Paratissima” Contemporary Art Fair in Torino, Italy. His work is in private collections in Cuba, the United States, Canada, Italy, France, England, Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Russia, Spain, Egypt, Singapore, South Africa, Angola, China, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador, Argentina , Uruguay, Chile, Panama, Holland . As well as at the Copperbridge Art Foundation; the company F&F Media Corp. and in the collection of the Lincoln Center Orchestra, in New York, all in the United States. His works have recently been published in the Spanish magazine CdeCuba Art Magazine, Issue # 25, 2018, and the book Eric Alfaro Selected Artworks that shows a selection of his work from its beginnings to 2018 , also published by the Spanish publisher CdeCuba .Currently has representation in galleries in Miami and Texas.
Exhibition2006 - "Evolution", APAP Gallery Raúl Martínez, Morón, Ciego de Ávila, Cuba.
2007 - "Tower of Babel", Hugo Cortijo Gallery. Morón, Ciego de Ávila, Cuba.
- “Las Tortugas Ninjas”, APAP Gallery Raúl Martínez, Morón, Ciego de Ávila, Cuba.
- "When", Hugo Cortijo Gallery, Morón, Ciego de Ávila, Cuba.
2008 - "Winter Salon", Hugo Cortijo Gallery, Morón, Ciego de Ávila, Cuba.
2012 - "Second Salon of Expressionism Antonia Eiriz". Antonia E. House, San Miguel del Padrón, Havana, Cuba.
- Self-Portrait Salon, "The Dreams of the Soul", Fototeca de Cuba, Havana, Cuba.
- Collective exhibition. La Moderna Gallery, Centro Habana, Havana, Cuba.
2015 - “Estar 2”, Fayad Jamis Alamar Gallery. 12th collateral. Havana Biennial, Havana. Cuba.
- Open Studio (91 Studio), "Trees don't let you see the forest" Collateral 12th Havana Biennial. Havana. Cuba.
- "Found space", Instituto Superior de Arte, (ISA). 12th collateral. Havana Biennial, Havana, Cuba.
- Collective Expo, La Moderna Gallery, Havana Center. Collateral 12th Havana Biennial, Havana, Cuba.
- "The wild forest", 91 Studio. Havana Cuba.
- "Second Landscape Salon 2015", La Acacia, Havana, Cuba.
2016 - “Zoom In”, Fucina Des Artistas, Art Fair Paratissima, Torino, Italy.
2017 - “Familiar Faces”, MOCANOMI (Museum of Contemporary Art of North Miami), Florida, United States.
2018 - “Recidivists”, Fucina Des Artistas, Havana, Cuba.
2019 - “Visions of Cuba” Florida Council of the arts, Gato Factory Building, Key West, Florida, United States.
2019 - “90 milles from Havana” Florida Council of the arts, Gato Factory Building, Key West, Florida, United States.
2019 - “Portrait series” Portfolio Salon, Coral Gables, Miami, Florida, United States.
2021- “Grand oppening of the art Gallery Carousel Fine Art “ Design District of Miami , FL ,Unated States .